A Gift of Thyme

Thyme oil I have had for many years but it was when the dreaded covid first hit and the lockdowns came upon us that I really dug into what Thyme had to offer. 

I was specifically learning about which essential oils offer us the best properties to boost our lungs, since that is what our biggest concern is facing this virus. 

It's safe to say I fell in love with "the oil of purification". 

"From the Middle Ages and beyond to modern times, Thyme has been embraced as a powerful spiritual, medicinal, and culinary herb. The burning of this highly fragrant plant has long symbolized the cleansing and purification of everything negative and unwanted, whether they be pests, pathogens, uncertainties, fears, or nightmares. It was Pliny the Elder, the noted Roman philosopher and author, who aptly summarized this sentiment: "[Thyme] puts to flight all venomous creatures". Accordingly, the word 'Thyme' is believed to originate from the Greek word 'thymon' (meaning 'to fumigate' or purify). An alternate account also traces its origin to the Greek word 'thumus' (meaning 'courage')." Source 

I love the history of oils and Latin root words in general for everything! It adds more meaning to what we actually have in our possession. 

So backing up to when I was researching Thyme specifically for lung health, I found that it is a great oil for things like bronchitis. Check this out:

"Science is now validating what the ancients already knew about Thyme benefits to respiratory health. A study looking at the effectiveness of Thyme for acute bronchitis found that patients who were given extracts of dry Thyme and Evening Primrose found that they had significantly better healing times than those given the placebo.

Thyme is rich in plant phenols such as thymol and carvacrol which are powerfully anti-spasmodic, making them potent cough suppressants. The antibacterial and expectorant qualities of this herb thin the mucus that the cough is trying to expel, whilst gently healing and soothing the bronchial tract. As a result of the overwhelming research, Thyme oil is approved by Germany's "Commission E" in the treatment of bronchitis, whooping cough and upper respiratory inflammation.

A recent Polish study tested the response of Thyme essential oil to 120 different strains of bacteria that were isolated from patients with infections of the oral cavity, respiratory tract and genitourinary tract. They found that the oil exhibited extremely strong activity against all of the bacterial strains. Furthermore, it even demonstrated efficacy against antibiotic resistant strains. Thyme oil has also been found to be effective against various Staphylococcus species, including MRSA." Source

Just from seeing and understanding this information I created Breathe.


An essential oil blend geared specifically for lungs and congestion. This blend has been an absolute blessing to so many people who not only were struggling with a virus, whether it be covid or a cold, but it is helping people who have allergies and asthma. 

Before I learned about all of the benefits Thyme had for fighting off viral infections I knew it was a fantastic anti-fungal. One of the first balms I ever made was an Anti-Fungal Balm to help a *ahem* fungal issue I had on a couple toes. 

I mean if you remember from a couple paragraphs above, this oil can kill things like MRSA and antibiotic resistant strains. Seriously, who wouldn't want to just have this oil on hand? 

In my garden I actually grow Lemon Thyme which is a variety of Thyme, and I am so thankful I have access to a fresh source. When it comes down to do it, if I ran out of the oil or wanted to ingest it, I could make a quick tea or compress with the plant. You can even make tinctures!

This oil can even be used as for things like a mental tonic or stimulant, to ease pains and soreness, help fatigue, stress, and acne!

This plant is so extraordinary and has so many benefits that its a shame it's not talked about more. I mean the Greeks used it to keep away nightmares. Talk about purifying! 

So from viruses to funguses to even nightmares, Thyme is a gift that keeps on giving!

I sell essential oils!! I actually just got a bottle of Organic Thyme!! 

You can follow me on Instagram and/or Facebook or stop by my site to check out what other products I have! naturesbestwithtess.com

Sources:

source 1

source 2



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No More Fear of Allergies

Presenting: Pain Balm